OK Elias, the theme requires some non-trivial changes before it's in shape for release. I won't have time to do that now, so if you want the theme included (the release team approved the exception), here's what you should fix by Friday (tomorrow):
1) Hunt down all text the theme generates and use <i18n:text>
2) Only add messages to messages.xml, don't change them. If you need to change any existing messages, do that in XSL (see above).
3) replace yoursite.edu with a configuration variable (dspace.mobileUrl = http://mobile.$
), retrieve this from dspace.cfg like this:
<xsl:variable name="mobile-url" select="confman:getProperty('dspace.mobileUrl')"/>
If you run into a problem you think you can't solve, don't hesitate to contact me.
I didn't look at css, js, I don't expect any problem there. I didn't actually try setting up a mobile subdomain yet.