Uploaded image for project: 'DSpace'
  1. DSpace
  2. DS-1514

Embargo settings on item import

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 3.1
    • Fix Version/s: 4.0
    • Component/s: XMLUI
    • Environment:
      KVM based Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86_64 guest. Java Oracle JDK 6
    • Attachments:
      0
    • Comments:
      3
    • Documentation Status:
      Needed

      Description

      Briefly, i'm able to import and overwriting items in withdrawn state with the packager AIP import but i can not revert to visible state with the packager AIP import.

      Here you can find the discussion on the mailing list http://www.mail-archive.com/dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net/msg20168.html
      It takes a while but now i tested it again in 3.1 and i have the same picture as at that time in 3.0

      Now for reproducing what i did.
      I exported an item that is in visible and active state

      /home/dspace/dspace/bin/dspace packager -d -t AIP -e admin@test.testdomain.de -i 123456789/211 aipexport.zip

      So i think i have the item as AIP in state visible and active.
      I browsed now the item in XMLUI and set it to inactive and withdrawn state
      I exporting it again in that state

      /home/dspace/dspace/bin/dspace packager -d -t AIP -e admin@test.testdomain.de -i 123456789/211 aipexport-withdrawn.zip

      Now i want to see the difference between this two packages.
      I unzipped the first aipexport.zip and moved the mets.xml to mets-orig.xml and that should be the XML for that item 123456789/211 in active and visible state.
      I unzipped the second aipexport-withdrawn.zip and did a diff of these two files.

      diff mets-orig.xml mets.xml
      3c3
      < <metsHdr LASTMODDATE="2013-03-11T07:53:21">

      > <metsHdr LASTMODDATE="2013-03-11T07:58:09">
      41a42,45
      > <dim:field mdschema="dc" element="description" qualifier="provenance" lang="en">Item withdrawn by admin (admin@test.testdomain.de) on 2013-03-11T06:58:09Z
      > Item was in collections:
      > Digitalisate (ID: 1)
      > No. of bitstreams: 0</dim:field>
      220,224c224
      < <xmlData xmlns:rights="http://cosimo.stanford.edu/sdr/metsrights/" xsi:schemaLocation="http://cosimo.stanford.edu/sdr/metsrights/ http://cosimo.stanford.edu/sdr/metsrights.xsd"><rights:RightsDeclarationMD xmlns:rights="http://cosimo.stanford.edu/sdr/metsrights/" RIGHTSCATEGORY="LICENSED">
      < <rights:Context CONTEXTCLASS="GENERAL PUBLIC">
      < <rights:Permissions DISCOVER="true" DISPLAY="true" MODIFY="false" DELETE="false" />
      < </rights:Context>
      < </rights:RightsDeclarationMD></xmlData>

      > <xmlData xmlns:rights="http://cosimo.stanford.edu/sdr/metsrights/" xsi:schemaLocation="http://cosimo.stanford.edu/sdr/metsrights/ http://cosimo.stanford.edu/sdr/metsrights.xsd"><rights:RightsDeclarationMD xmlns:rights="http://cosimo.stanford.edu/sdr/metsrights/" RIGHTSCATEGORY="LICENSED" /></xmlData>
      232a233
      > <dim:field mdschema="dc" element="rights" qualifier="accessRights">WITHDRAWN</dim:field>

      Above you can see the difference between the two states and i expect that if i now import the AIP that i exported at the time the item was in visible and acitve state it should be visible and active after that but it isn't!

      /home/dspace/dspace/bin/dspace packager -r -f -t AIP -e admin@test.testdomain.de aipexport.zip

      Maybe i'm doing something wrong, if that is the point please correct me.
      Elsewise it is a bug like Helix supposed in his mail as i wrote the first time about that situation in 3.0.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                helix84 Ivan Masár
                Reporter:
                marco Marco Weiss
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                3 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: