I just found a surprising bug while configuring the two "News" of the main
page. We have a DSpace 1.5 (jspui) installation with English and German
GUI. There are two possibilities to configure the "News": 1. the
news-side*.html and news-top*.html in the config directory, and 2. the
administration area of the GUI.
Now my case: I edited the German text from the GUI. Then I switched to the
English GUI to set up the translation. The fields were already filled with
the German texts . And after changing them, the German texts in the
German GUI are gone. Looking in the config directory I saw that only the
files news-side.html and news-top.html were affected and news-side_de.html
and news-top_de.html were still old (= the original versions from the
This means: Even when I edit the "News" from the German GUI, the English
files are written (and displayed)!