In September 2016 the DataCite Schema 4.0 has been published.
The major changes are:
- Changing resourceTypeGeneral from optional to mandatory
- Addition of a new property: FundingReference, with subproperties funderName, funderIdentifier, awardNumber, awardURI and awardTitle. Deprecation of contributorType “funder”
- Addition of new optional subproperties for creatorName and contributorName: familyName and givenName
- Addition of a new relatedIdentifierType option “IGSN”
- Addition of a new subproperty for GeoLocation “geoLocationPolygon”, and changing the definition of the existing GeoLocation subproperties (geoLocationPoint and geoLocationBox)
DSpace 5.x uses the version 2.2.
DSpace 6.0 uses the version 3.1
The schema should be updated with the next release.