The results from the Curation Admin UI are a bit confusing at times (and even I'm having a bit of trouble understanding/reading them, despite knowing the role of the Curation System).
Here's an example of retrieving results from Curation Admin UI:
- Login as Admin in XMLUI on http://demo.dspace.org/
- Visit a Community with contents (e.g. http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui/handle/10673/1)
- Click "Edit Community" and visit the "Curate" tab.
- Click "Perform" on "Profile Bitstream Formats"
The results are returned as one long, unbroken string – e.g.:
"The task, profileformats was completed with the status: 0. Results: 11 (U) Unknown data format 1 (K) Broadcase Wave Format 1 (K) Microsoft Powerpoint 2 (K) Graphics Interchange Format 1 (K) Microsoft Excel XML 1 (K) Microsoft Excel"
We may want to improve the readibility/understandability of these results by doing the following:
1. Replace "status: 0" with a understandable string like "Success"
2. Explain that "(K)" = Known Format and "(U)" = Unknown. Or leave it out altogether, as the unknown data formats are already totaled together.
3. Return results in a bulleted list (or each entry on a separate line)
We also may potentially want a paragraph/description for each of the available Curation Tasks. It's not always self-explanatory what a particular task may be doing (and therefore, what the results actually mean).
I've sent these along to Richard Rodgers separately – but, I wanted to track these issues here. Also feel free to add more comments on the Curation Admin UI to this same issue.