Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.6.0, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.7.0, 1.8.0
    • Fix Version/s: 1.8.0
    • Component/s: XMLUI
    • Labels:
      None
    • Attachments:
      6
    • Comments:
      58
    • Documentation Status:
      Not Required

      Description

      In DSpace 1.7.0 RC1, the XMLUI "Page Not Found" page responds with a 200 OK, rather than the necessary 404 Not Found error.

      For example:
      http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui/NOTAVALIDPATH

      I believe this used to function properly in 1.6.x, but it seems to be broken now.

      Obviously, we want this to return a 404 Not Found, in order to ensure that search engines do not index "Page Not Found" responses.

      Furthermore, it has been discovered that all other XMLUI Error pages (Cocoon Errors or Invalid Continuation errors) also respond with 200 OK. In addition, it seems this affects all 1.6.x versions of DSpace, as the same responses can be found on http://dspace.mit.edu (currently running 1.6.0 with patches), and http://researchspace.auckland.ac.nz (currently running 1.6.2 with patches).

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

            Hide
            tdonohue Tim Donohue added a comment -

            To slightly restate what I just "implied" above with my last statement. I think if we pull down the latest versions (HEAD) of HttpServletResponseBufferingWrapper.java & HttpServletResponseBufferingWrapperTestCase.java & commit both to our DSpace SCM, then that will resolve our issues.

            http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/subprojects/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/HttpServletResponseBufferingWrapper.java

            http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/subprojects/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/HttpServletResponseBufferingWrapperTestCase.java

            (famous last words)

            Show
            tdonohue Tim Donohue added a comment - To slightly restate what I just "implied" above with my last statement. I think if we pull down the latest versions (HEAD) of HttpServletResponseBufferingWrapper.java & HttpServletResponseBufferingWrapperTestCase.java & commit both to our DSpace SCM, then that will resolve our issues. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/subprojects/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/HttpServletResponseBufferingWrapper.java http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/subprojects/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/HttpServletResponseBufferingWrapperTestCase.java (famous last words)
            Hide
            kshepherd Kim Shepherd added a comment -

            Good call Tim, I've tested that out and it all seems fine here, so I've committed the changes back to source. Nearly the end of the day here so after dinner I'll have a go at a sonatype release.

            Show
            kshepherd Kim Shepherd added a comment - Good call Tim, I've tested that out and it all seems fine here, so I've committed the changes back to source. Nearly the end of the day here so after dinner I'll have a go at a sonatype release.
            Hide
            tdonohue Tim Donohue added a comment -

            I re-tested since Kim re-patched the above classes (see r6800 in DSpace SCM). Everything now seems to be working perfectly. I get a 404 when accessing any invalid path (and continue to get a 404 if I keep accessing that same path over and over).

            I think the only things left to do are:

            • Release a 1.0.3 version of dspace-cocoon-servlet-service-impl to Maven Central
            • Once propagated to Maven Central, change the dependency in [Trunk]/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-wing/pom.xml to point at version 1.0.3 of dspace-cocoon-servlet-service-impl
            Show
            tdonohue Tim Donohue added a comment - I re-tested since Kim re-patched the above classes (see r6800 in DSpace SCM). Everything now seems to be working perfectly. I get a 404 when accessing any invalid path (and continue to get a 404 if I keep accessing that same path over and over). I think the only things left to do are: Release a 1.0.3 version of dspace-cocoon-servlet-service-impl to Maven Central Once propagated to Maven Central, change the dependency in [Trunk] /dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-wing/pom.xml to point at version 1.0.3 of dspace-cocoon-servlet-service-impl
            Hide
            kshepherd Kim Shepherd added a comment -

            Version 1.0.3 of dspace-cocoon-servlet-service-impl released to sonatype

            Show
            kshepherd Kim Shepherd added a comment - Version 1.0.3 of dspace-cocoon-servlet-service-impl released to sonatype
            Hide
            robintaylor Robin Taylor added a comment -

            dspace-xmlui-wing/pom.xml updated to pick up version 1.0.3 of dspace-cocoon-servlet-service-impl. Committed to trunk revision 6811.

            Cheers, Robin.

            Show
            robintaylor Robin Taylor added a comment - dspace-xmlui-wing/pom.xml updated to pick up version 1.0.3 of dspace-cocoon-servlet-service-impl. Committed to trunk revision 6811. Cheers, Robin.

              People

              • Assignee:
                kshepherd Kim Shepherd
                Reporter:
                tdonohue Tim Donohue
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: