Uploaded image for project: 'VIVO'
  1. VIVO
  2. VIVO-1342

Ampersands (and possibly other characters?) not escaped in GraphML export of collaborator network graph

    Details

    • Institution:
      University of Pennsylvania
    • Attachments:
      0
    • Comments:
      0

      Description

      Hello,

      I've found an issue that I think affects the current version of VIVO. I noticed it on a server running an old version (v1.5, I think), but I looked at the source code for the most up-to-date release (here and here); to my understanding, the current code likely also has this issue.

      I noticed that the GraphML file downloaded from the Co-Author Network view of a researcher does not html-encode ampersands, causing the XML to be invalid. I'm not sure whether this could affect other special characters beyond ampersands, as well. This has a simple workaround (opening the XML file in a text editor and replacing all "&"s with "&"), but took me a while to diagnose and fix today. This may be corrected in the current version of VIVO; in case not, though, I thought to report it.

      Example: here

      Thank you for your work on this project!

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                grahamtriggs Graham Triggs
                Reporter:
                jlevern Jacob Levernier
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                1 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: